Monday, May 2, 2011

Purpose

"You learn the rules so you can Break the rules the right way." 
"If you are not making mistakes, you are not trying hard enough."
~Tres Elliot

These are two quotes frequently repeated by my photography teacher at Nossi College of Art in Nashville, TN.  He's right.  You learn how to take good pictures with the correct lighting, framing, etc.....SO you can develop an eye for how to take a GREAT picture by adjusting the rules to your preferences for that picture.  But in order to learn, you have to practice, practice, practice and then, you have to practice some more, and taking notes along the way isn't a bad idea.

Ultimately, that is why I am doing this blog.  My intent is to have a new blog up each week.  The goal is two fold: Obviously, I want to take better photographs myself, but I also want to provide tips to help you take better photographs at home. 

So I hope you will be looking for the "first" installment to come out about this time next week and that you think it's so good and helpful that you will share it with all your friends!

I'll be looking forward to your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment